Our son, Ayden Michael Taylor, passed away at 7 days old very unexpectedly. My husband and I founded the Non-Profit, Ayden’s Acts of Kindness, in honor of our son and also to continue the movement of kindness we ourselves received during this time. Ayden’s Acts raises money through an annual benefit that features live entertainment, food trucks, raffles, online auction, and a live auction. We have learned that in life you often do not have control over events that may happen and change the course of your life. However, we do whole heartedly believe we can take control over how we respond whether that be in your own life or in the lives of others around you. For us, we were beyond blessed to have so many step up and come forward to help be the light in our lives during such an unimaginable time. This was God surrounding us with your kindness. We are by no means the only family who has endured loss, suffering, or hard times and, for this, Ayden’s Acts was born.
This organization is not solely driven to help one cause over another. Our mission is one of mercy, grace, and kindness to those in our community who are in need of hope. Throughout the year with the money raised we provide assistance to help with specific needs that arise in the community. Some examples of how your donations have helped are as follows:
1. Paid utility bills for a veteran who was out of work due to injury providing his family uninterrupted services.
2. Enabled two little boys with a single parent to play in the Little League World Series baseball championship otherwise not possible without your help.
3. Rebuilt an elderly woman’s fence which had fallen to prevent her home from being vandalized.
4. Helped a young lady get her drivers’ education so she could apply for a license and job to help her family with bills.
5. Assisted with co-pays for surgeries that patients would not have otherwise afforded.
6. Paid for two separate funeral services for families who have lost a child and could not have paid for one on their own.
7. Provided a washer and dryer for a family who has never owned a set.
8. Provided clothing to our homeless youth.
9. Provided living expenses for a family whose home burned down until insurance kicked in.
10. Paid for a parent’s flights to join their daughter undergoing chemo treatments in another state.
11. Provided a family meal for an after-funeral service gathering.
12. Sponsor fifteen youth’s way to church camp each year.
Just to name a few. YOU are making an impact in your community!
Each year we continue to grow, and the amount of people we reach also continues to grow. We could not do this without your help and participation. We accept items year-round and cannot thank you enough for spreading the word.